Brain damage refers to an injury, usually sudden, of brain structures that results in decreased health and quality of life of the person suffering it.
- Clinical process: 2 phases
- Head injuries
- Cerebrovascular accidents (Stroke)
- Cognitive disorders
- Emotional and behavioural disorders
- Communication disorders
- Swallowing disorders
- Physical and sensory disorders
- Functionality disorders
Goal and assistance
Seek the maximum possible level of autonomy in the process of learning and retraining.
In general, it is considered that the first 6 months after the injury is the maximum recovery period. In the Mallorca Health Care we have developed an assistance phase under a hospitalisation (in the closest moments to the injury time) and a second phase on an outpatient basis (when medical stability allows the patient to go to rehabilitation from home).
The timing and duration of each of them depends on each patient and the assessment made by our medical team.
Team of physicians
Professionals involved in the rehabilitation program
- Rehabilitation physician
- Speech therapist
- Occupational therapist
Meet the professionals of the brain damage rehabilitation medical team
What is included?:
- Three-hour rehabilitation session every day; depending on the situation of each patient the rehabilitation sessions may involve:
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- A nursing assistant
- 1 assessment consultation with the Rehabilitation Team.
- Rehabilitation specialist
- The inpatient treatment consists of a 7-days stay with full board at the Mallorca Health Care hospital.